The following is the summary of the rules and regulations of DenFur. For a complete listing, please consult the Conbook or Convention Operations.
The most important rule of all is to HAVE FUN! This convention wouldn’t be possible without you and we want you to have the best experience possible! With that being said, there are a few things we have to get out of the way first:
Convention Response Team (CRT)
1) CRT are DenFur staff tasked with enforcing the conventions policies and monitoring the space for safety concerns and will be present at all times during convention hours. Please contact them if you have a safety or policy concern, or have any questions about DenFur policies or need medical assistance.
2) DenFur Staff (with few exceptions are NOT certified medical personnel). If you need immediate medical assistance, they and hotel staff can contact 911 for you.
Badges and Convention Identification
1) The convention badge provided to you at Registration are property of DenFur and must be surrendered upon request. You may keep your badge after the end of the convention.
2) Please remember to have your badge visible at all times when you are in the convention space. This is your identification when entering events within the space.
3) By accepting your badge, you are agreeing to abide by all DenFur policies as well as any other agreements that may be necessary.
4) If at any time you object to the convention polices or the policies of DenFur’s parent organization, Corgi Events LLC, you may voluntarily surrender your badge at Convention Operations. Partial refunds may be considered on a case by case basis.
5) If you are asked by a member of the senior convention staff to surrender your badge, please do so. Disputes will be handled by the Operations Director and Chair/Vice Chair.
1) DenFur is considered “rated” at PG to PG-13 in all public areas.
2) Exceptions will be made in areas clearly marked as “Mature” rated in the schedule and event areas such as the 18+ areas in the Art Show/Dealers Den.
3) Any area with a rating above PG-13 will have controlled access and may require display of photo identification along with convention badges to verify age before admittance.
4) 18+ areas will be off limits to Minors regardless of parental consent.
5) Please keep Public Displays of Affection limited to PG-13 appropriate activities. If you have to ask yourself if an activity is appropriate to do in public, it probably isn’t.
Payments to DenFur/Corgi Events LLC
1) Remember that DenFur/Corgi Events LLC are not registered Non-Profit Organizations and payments made to either organization are NOT tax-deductible!
2) Accepted Payment Methods are Cash, Check, and all Major Credit Cards.
a. The oganznization requests that any issues that arise with credit card charges by the convention be brought to the convention first before contesting with a member’s bank.
3) Members who have an outstanding balance with DenFur or Corgi Events LLC must settle that balance before attending a future convention.
1) No sleeping in any public areas of the hotel or convention spaces.
2) Attendees are required to follow any reasonable instructions when given by a staff member. If you believe an instruction is not reasonable, address your concerns to the Manager of that department. Disputes are escalated as necessary, but the decision of the Directors/Chair is final.
3) Convention spaces are open ONLY to registered attendees or visitors being escorted by staff.
4) Badges are issued only to one person and may not be shared at any time.
5) Smoking, Vaping and Marijuana use are NOT PERMITTED in the convention spaces and hotel rooms. There are designated areas for smoking/vaping, but Marijuana use is PROHIBITED on hotel property.
6) Glowsticks and Poi are permitted in dances/raves, but must be used safely. If you are unsure if an item is safe or permitted, please consult a member of the CRT.
7) If a person is banned from DenFur, any assistance provided to them by another attendee may result in membership being revoked for the convention or a permanent ban.
8) Pets are not permitted in the convention space.
a. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), recognized Service Animals are permitted. Attempting to falsely claim an animal as a Service Animal may result in revocation of membership and local law enforcement involvement.
9) Any act of vandalism or deliberate damage to the hotel or hotel property will result in immediate revocation of convention membership.
10) Hateful, provocative, and harassing clothing articles are NOT allowed. This is included, but not limited to arm/head/tail bands, shirts, pants, fursuits, costumes, flags, props or any other item at staff discretion. Clothing must keep within the PG-13 rating of the convention, but certain clothing may be worn into 18+ panels or by vendors of 18+ booths provided it is covered up while in public areas.
11) Do not throw any objects off of any balconies.
12) Merchandise sales may only be performed in the Dealers Den, Artist Alley, or any area similarly designated by convention staff and only by parties who have prior arrangements with the convention or hotel to conduct business.
13) Sellers are solely and personally responsible for the payment of any taxes and obtaining any and all permits to conduct business in the state of Colorado and city of Denver.
Hotel and Rooms/Parties
1) The person named in the room reservation is responsible for anyone staying in the room and any damages that occur.
2) No signs may be posted to hotel walls, hallways, or elevators of the hotel. There will be an area for any convention related postings.
3) Room Parties are allowed, but noise must be kept to a level to not disturb other attendees during night hours. Doors to hotel rooms must be kept shut.
4) Noise complaints will receive a single warning from the hotel staff.
5) The member hosting the party is responsible for cleanup. Housekeeping will ONLY clean up bagged trash.
Lost and Found
1) Lost and Found will be maintained in the Convention Operations Office. If you lose an item, check here first. A report can be filled out describing the item and contact information must be left.
2) Any items not claimed by the end of the convention may be donated.
1) Attendees in public spaces will be required to wear shirts, shoes, and an equivalent of pants, skirts, dresses or shorts.
2) Collars and leashes may be worn, but persons cannot be lead around by them in public areas.
3) Public exposure of bare breasts, buttocks, or genitals is not permitted.
4) Full-body fursuits are an exception (fur covers all!), but may not reveal genitals, buttocks or breasts.
5) Fursuits are not permitted in the pool or hot tub.
1) All reports of harassment/assault are taken very seriously. If you witness or are the victim of harassment or assault, report it to Convention Operations or CRT immediately. If you are in immediate danger, it can be reported to hotel security as well.
2) If you believe a member of CRT or DenFur Staff has violated the harassment/assault policy, please report it to any other staff member or Director.
3) It is not the job of DenFur or Corgi Events LLC to solve your interpersonal problems. DenFur is not able to prevent attendance of person(s) unless the pose a specific, credible threat or have a criminal history of conviction of crimes which may pose a threat to the convention or its attendees.
4) If an individual stalks, harasses or attempts to assault you at the convention, report it to any member of the CRT staff. All matters reported are dealt with seriously and may become a criminal matter depending on the severity of the report.
5) Responsibility for settling personal disputes lies solely with the parties involved and any relevant authorities.
1) Real weapons of any kind are not permitted in convention spaces regardless of any permits for concealed/open carry of such items. This is including, but not limited to firearms, tasers, stun guns, OC (Pepper) spray, knives with 4” or longer blades and swords.
a. Attendees who are off duty Law Enforcement are the only exception to this policy and must identify themselves with Convention Operations and CRT.
2) Magnetometer wands and other checks may be performed randomly by the CRT to ensure compliance with this policy. Any violation will result in law enforcement being contacted and badges revoked for the duration of the convention.
3) Reasonable facsimiles of firearms are also prohibited in convention spaces. Prop weapons are allowed, but must have no sort of “firing mechanism”. If you have something you wish to submit to CRT for consideration, please bring it to CRT staff before wandering convention space.
4) Knives or swords purchased in the dealers den must be kept in their respective box/case while shopping and can be brought to your hotel room or secured in your vehicle once your business is concluded.
1) Sale, distribution, use or possession of controlled substances will not be tolerated at DenFur. Anyone violating applicable laws will be immediately ejected from the convention, membership revoked, and law enforcement contacted.
2) While Colorado legalized the possession and consumption of marijuana by persons aged 21 and older as of January 1, 2014, the Crowne Plaza and DenFur ban the use of cannabis on the hotel grounds. Please also remember that providing marijuana to persons under 21 is a felony in the state of Colorado.
3) Knowingly or unknowingly providing alcohol to anyone under 21 is also considered a felony in Colorado. It is the responsibility of the party serving alcohol to ensure any person served is 21 or over.
For the comfort, privacy and safety of our attendees; The use of hidden cameras, body cameras, or any other form of constant filming is prohibited at Denfur without first obtaining permission from convention operations, the chair, or the vice chair of the convention. Official convention photography/videography staff are exempt.
Denfur is an all ages convention, and as such, public areas of the convention will be held to a PG-13 standard. Additionally adult areas of the convention will be off limits to anyone under the age of 18, regardless of the presence of a guardian. Minors over the age of 14 will be required to present a printed ticket and will require a valid photo ID. Minors under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
The above does not restrict the authority of DenFur ‘the convention’ or its parent company Corgi Events LLC to remove or add any necessary policy or procedure at any time without any prior warning. Any modifications to these policies or procedures will be accompanied by immediate notification via social media and the convention website whenever practical subject to the sole discretion of ‘the convention’.